Promoter: Oceans and Flow Unipessoal, Lda.Partners:
Agrupamento de Escolas Navegador Rodrigues Soromenho
Ocean Alive - Cooperativa para a educação criativa marinha
EEA Grants: 21.250,00€
Total Amount: 25.000,00€Programme:
The Atlantis Program aims to raise in young people the awareness of their responsibility towards the Ocean and to make them more involved in the environment protection. By combining free diving with ecological education and human development it seeks to promote Ocean literacy in the school community and in the general population of the region of Sesimbra.
Project activities include:
- Organization of free diving and aquatic movement sessions with the school community.
- Mentoring for the development of an ocean protection class project, to be implemented at the local community.
- Organization of lectures with invited specialists from different areas related to the sea, to share their experiences, connection with the ocean and work developed.
- Organization of a school visit to the seagrass meadows in the Sado estuary.
- Organization of a beach and seabed cleaning action.