Ver Para Querer
Ver Para Querer
Promoter: Centro Ciência Viva de LagosPartners:
Agrupamento de Escolas Gil Eanes
Agrupamento de Escolas Júlio Dantas
EEA Grants: 21.250,00€
Total Amount: 25.000,00€Programme:
Ver para Querer is a project whose main objective is to raise awareness and knowledge about marine and coastal issues. It aims to contribute to the knowledge of the Ocean and raise awareness of the duty to conserve Natural Heritage, through behavioural change, as well as to promote the scientific and technological culture and increase Ocean literacy.
This project intends to encourage citizens involvement in the themes of the Sea, in order to promote a culture of respect for the Ocean and boost the construction of a bluer society. Thus, Ver para Querer is based on three lines of action involving the following themes: The Sea as a resource; The Sea as heritage / memory; The Sea as pleasure / entertainment.
Project activities include:
- Creation of audio-visual tools to answer impertinent questions about the sea - Educators respond; restless curiosities that the younger ones collected - The kids respond; enigmatic problems that scientific research projects unveil - Scientists respond.
- Development of a biodiversity monitoring program for students from elementary schools of Lagos municipality.
- Organization of a certified training course for teachers.
- Promotion of intergenerational meetings between people of older generations, whose ancient lives are closely linked to the sea, and students from elementary schools in the municipality of Lagos.
- Production of educational and informative content about the landscape that makes up the current coastal zone and its evolution over time.
- Implementation of a curriculum enrichment program dedicated to the sea.
- Organization of surfing initiation and awareness actions, for students in the elementary schools of Lagos municipality.
- Implementation of a photo contest, raising awareness to the marine litter problem creation of an itinerant exhibition.
- Elaboration of a digital interpretative route about a specific nature route in the region of Lagos.