Major Projects “Strengthening the Capacity and Sustainability of Civil Society”
This call supports Portuguese NGO projects, which work towards strengthening the capacity and sustainability of civil society.
In 2021, the Programme seeks to support projects for training promoters and/or other NGOs.
To apply, you should carefully read Call Notice #15 – Major Projects “Strengthening the Capacity and Sustainability of Civil Society”, the Programme Rules, Application Manual, and the instructions, follow this link.
This call supports new projects that improve the functioning, skills, and effectiveness of the action of Civil Society organizations eligible for the Programme.
Elaboration of needs assessments and action plans / strategic plans for organisations;
Implementation of action plans / strategic plans related to organisational / operational capacity building;
Training, mentoring, coaching and consulting in the priority cross-cutting areas of advocacy, watchdog and fundraising;
- Traineeships for NGO staff members in other NGOs;
- Cross-cutting training, mentoring, coaching and consulting on governance, planning, administrative and financial management, communication and marketing, volunteer attraction and management, monitoring and evaluation techniques;
- Participation in networks and other vehicles for the internationalisation of organisations and their associative structures;
- Transfer of knowledge between large and small civil society organisations;
- Exchange of experiences for benchmarking;
- Conducting studies and publications and creation of data bases and knowledge and information repositories;
- Reinforcement of the sector’s capacity and notoriety through networking, fundraising and dissemination events;
- Creation of a social business based on a business plan.
Project dimension and duration
- Large projects under this call must have a total supportable cost greater than 20,000 euros and equal to or less than 75,000 euros, with eligible costs being co-financed by the Program at a maximum rate of 90%;
- The maximum duration of selected projects under this call is 20 months, with an expected start date in March 2022.