The National Management Unit of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism (UNG-EEAFM) was created by Council of Ministers Resolution No. 39/2017 of March 10th, rectified by the Rectification Declaration No. 14/2017 of April 24th
The UNG-EEAFM is under the supervision of the Minister of Planning, as established in paragraph No. 2 of article 22 of Decree-Law No. 169-B/2019, de 3 de dezembro , which approved the organization and functioning regime of the XXII Constitutional Government.
In accordance with the provisions of the EEAFM Regulation 2014-2021 and the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Portugal and the Donor Countries (Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) on May 22nd 2017, the UNG-EEAFM, as the National Focal Point, has the overall responsibility to ensure that the Programmes contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the EEAFM 2014-2021 in Portugal and to ensure its implementation in accordance with the established implementation principles.
The administrative and logistical support necessary for the operation of the National Focal Point is ensured by the General Secretariat of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers.
The National Focal Point is governed by the following Values:
- Excellence: acting with quality, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Competence: performing duties with professionalism, care, dedication and responsibility;
- Responsibility: ensuring success in achieving the objectives of the EEAFM, adopting behaviors that reinforce its confidence and credibility;
- Cooperation: accompanying and supporting the several actors in achieving the objectives of the EEAFM, anticipating needs and finding effective and efficient solutions;
- Transparency: ensuring compliance with the legal framework of the EEAFM 2014-2021, making decisions through objective and duly substantiated criteria;
- Communication: ensuring the dissemination to the public of the information on the existence of the EEAFM 2014-2021 in Portugal, sharing clear and true information, disclosing the results achieved throughout its implementation;