The National Focal Point, assumes the following vision and mission:
Vision: To be a model of excellence, recognized as an actor of national and international reference in the implementation of the EEAFM.
Mission: To ensure the successful achievement of the objectives of the EEAFM, ensuring the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding, its visibility and recognition, and promoting bilateral relations between the national entities and the entities of the donor countries.
In order to carry out its mission, the National Focal Point objectives are:
- The fulfillment of the Memorandum of Understanding established between Portugal and the donor countries in the framework of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanisms (EEAFM) 2009-2014 and 2014-2021;
- To ensure that programmes funded under the EEAFM 2009-2014 and the EEAFM 2014-2021 contribute to the objectives set, by continuously monitoring their progress and quality;
- To represent Portugal before the donor countries;
- To disseminate the programmes and projects in compliance with the requirements of the relevant regulations;
- To promote the constitution and chair the Joint Committee for the management of the Fund for Bilateral Relations;
- To promote the constitution and chair the Joint Committee that follows the implementation of the EEAFM.