Promoter: Centro Interdisciplinar de Investigação Marinha e Ambiental da Universidade do Porto (CIIMAR UP)Partners:
Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA)
EEA Grants: 13 499,75 €
Grace Code: PT-BI026Programme:
What did this initiative focus on?
The bilateral UAV4SEA initiative fostered cooperation between researchers from CIIMAR (Portugal) and NIVA (Norway), identifying synergies to advance knowledge for drone-based research, mapping and monitoring in the coastal zone.
The objectives of the bilateral initiative were:
- strengthen bilateral relations between Portuguese and Norwegian scientists through the exchange of experiences and knowledge in UAV remote sensing techniques applied to the mapping of coastal biological communities;
- to promote future partnerships for joint research projects
- and disseminate the acquired knowledge to the scientific community and stakeholders involved in coastal resource management.
The outcomes of the initiative aimed to:
- accelerating the development of new methods and tools for aerial image classification;
- publishing scientific papers reviewing and comparing these methodologies;
- and designing future joint research projects, either under EEA Grants or other programmes.