The Culture Programme will support six projects with funding of around 4 million euros, aimed at promoting social and economic development through cooperation, entrepreneurship and cultural management in Portugal, in partnership with entities in Norway and Iceland.
The winners of this notice of competition are:
- “Coastal Memory Fort” project, promoted by the Municipality of Lourinhã;
- “Creation of the Center for Maritime Knowledge and Culture and Enhancement of Sesimbrense's Coastal Cultural Heritage” project, promoted by the Municipality of Sesimbra;
- “Quinta Ciência Viva do Sal – Cooperation, safeguarding and innovation” project, promoted by the Municipality of Figueira da Foz;
- “From Fenais to Fenais: Culture Matrix of Local Development” project, promoted by the Regional Directorate of Culture of the Azores through the Carlos Machado Museum;
- “Center for Nautical Arts” project, promoted by the Municipality of Vila do Conde;
- “Estaleiro Museu do Porto Brandão” project, promoted by the Nosso Tejo Lda.
The contract signing ceremony takes place today, July 30, at the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, in Lisbon, between the Directorate-General for Cultural Heritage and representatives of each entity promoting the projects.
Through the EEA Grants it will be possible to encourage the safeguarding of cultural heritage, bilateral cooperation and social inclusion in local and regional development.