The Circular2B project invites all interested parties to participate in the one-day workshop on new materials and solutions for buildings and construction – “ Development of alternative applications for alkaline cements within the scope of the Circular Economy ” – which will take place on March 29, 2023, at UTAD, Vila Real (Auditorium B0.01 of the Laboratory Complex).
This thematic workshop will address less traditional aspects normally associated with alkaline cements, focusing on new and promising alternative applications. It includes an assessment of the real environmental advantages of this new generation of materials and, to complete the circle, detailed descriptions will be presented of how these binders are being transferred to the industry, what are their strengths and weaknesses and what are the expectations in the near future.
This workshop is organized by the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro ( UTAD ), and by the Institute of Physics for Advanced Materials, Nanotechnology and Photonics ( IFIMUP ) and by the Institute I&D in Structures and Constructions ( CONSTRUCT), both from the University of Porto, being supported by the Circular2B Project , funded by EEA Grants .
Participation in the workshop is free, but registration is mandatory (available soon).
For more information, consult the Circular2B project communication channels: website and social networks ( Facebook and Instagram ).
Key Guest Speakers:
• Ana Fernández-Jiménez, Torroja Institute, Spain
• Håvard Bergsdal, SINTEF, Norway
• Inés García Lodeiro, Torroja Institute, Spain
• João Labrincha, University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Lorena Freire, AIMEN, Spain
• Manuel Torres Carrasco , Carlos III University, Spain
• Mar Alonso, Torroja Institute, Spain
• Miguel Otero, AIMEN, Spain
• Paula Carmona, Rocasolano Institute of Physical Chemistry, Spain
• Nuno Cristelo, CQVR, UTAD
• Nuno Ramos, CONSTRUCT, FEUP
• Joao Ventura, IFIMUP, FCUP
• Joana Maia, CONSTRUCT, FEUP
• Ana Sá, CQVR, UTAD
• Lurdes Costa, CONSTRUCT, FEUP
Sign up here