As part of Oslo’s Innovation Week, organized by Innovation Norway, Donor Programme Partner of the Programme Environment, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy (Programme Environment), it will take place on September 25, a matchmaking event dedicated to the circular economy, ‘Breaking the Barriers in a Circular Economy’.
This year's Event is mainly focused on exploring the development of innovation Projects towards:
- Reducing material and resource inputs;
- Maintaining the value of products, materials and resources for as long as possible;
- Minimising the generation of waste;
- Replacing non-renewable resources with biomass;
- protecting oceans and land from waste and litter by remediating existing concentrates, mitigating new pollution and developing biodegradable bio plastics.
This meeting is part of the Bilateral Relations Fund initiatives between the Programme Operator of the Programme Environment and its Donor Programme Partner, Innovation Norway.
The Programme Environment will support the presence of up to 10 entities established in Portugal with the aim of stimulating lasting cooperation between donor countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Portugal.
The Programme Environment is a financing instrument for the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 with a total allocation of more than 28 million euros, of which, about 4.2 million are national counterpart.