Participo! - Women's Civic and Political Participation
Promoter: União de Freguesias de Aldoar, Foz do Douro e NevogildePartners:
Association of Residents of Aldoar
Association of Residents of Bairro Social da Pasteleira
EEA Grants: 240,019
Total Amount: 240,019Programme:
What is the project about?
The project Participo! - Women's Civic and Political Participation aims to promote the increase of the political and civic participation rates of women and girls in the areas of Aldoar, Foz do Douro and Nevogilde; promote greater involvement of women who are already involved in local political and civic life and wish to increase their levels of responsibility, with a view to raising awareness of gender equality and opportunities; and to create tools to facilitate local political and civic participation.
It is an Open Call #5 project: Intervention projects to promote gender equality at local level.
Working together for a competitive and inclusive EuropeResults
- The Working group had 18 sessions, in which 15 entities and 24 representatives participated throughout the months. A Mapping of Obstacles to women's civic and political participation was created and, in a second phase, a Proposal of solutions for women's civic and political participation was created; an Intermediate Forum and a Final Forum for debate were also organised and a document was produced which contains a Guide and the dissemination of opportunities and participation mechanisms;
- Digital Platform, where information about the project was published, also on this platform was created a Digital Forum that allows the creation of a profile and for simplified contact with other women, throughout the months 6 webinars with diversified themes were dynamised, as a way to share the participants' testimonies 11 testimonies were captured on Youtube livestream;
- Theatre of the Oppressed, after 3 workshops and 5 open rehearsals, a video play was created and presented in 8 presentation sessions, held in different places in the territory, which involved 172 participants, aged between 12 and 93. With the contributions from these sessions, a manifesto was created containing suggestions and solutions for action;
- Personal Narratives, 20 narratives were built, which led to the creation of 19 videos with personal testimonies, which were shared on social networks, these videos had more than 250 shares and more than 2500 reactions, still within the scope of the construction of narratives, there were 4 photography exhibitions and 4 gatherings for debate on female participation, finally a session was developed for a meeting of all the women who shared their testimonies "Session We [You and I]" and the book "21 Poses" was created;
- Participate! academies, a training session that addressed human rights, gender equality and participation through non-formal education; 4 editions were organised, with 59 participants, 40 aged between 14 and 30;
- B-learning Course, a formative moment for training transversal skills such as self-knowledge, self-confidence, communication in public and the ability to give meaning to political and civic commitment, 2 editions were developed, with 13 taught modules and 50 hours of training per edition, which had a total of 65 enrolled and 37 trainees with a positive result;
- Local Network of Mutual Help, after a meeting attended by 14 people, a document was created with the contributions of the Local Network, with suggestions for actions to create moments of mutual help;
- TEDxPorto Salon event, an event which was attended by 187 people, who watched 6 testimonies from 6 speakers who participated in the project and who, for 10 minutes, shared their life stories and the project in which they are involved, in a civically active way;
- Impact Evaluation, throughout the 24 months, evaluations were collected from all the developed activities, through 20 questionnaires created, in which 201 were applied and also through the development of 6 focus groups of evaluation, this process culminated in an impact report where it is demonstrated that 75% of the participants demonstrated learning in the area of gender equity and opportunities;
- In communication activities, the following were created: a website, a Facebook page, an Instagram page and 5 videos were developed to present the various activities.