Promoter: COFAC - Cooperativa de Formação e Animação Cultural, crlPartners:
Universidade de Bergen, Universidade de Oslo;
Universidade Católica Portuguesa - CRC-W (Católica Research Centre for Psychological, Family and Social Wellbeing)
EEA Grants: 13 932,00 €
Grace Code: PT-BI032Programme:
What is the aim of this initiative?
The DIS/CONNECT initiative aims to conduct comparative research on disconnection from digital technologies, focusing on qualitative studies with disconnected individuals through interviews in their contexts.
To this end, we seek to replicate in Portugal a two-part study carried out in Norway:
- on participants in organised detox activities (tourist sites and programmes 'without wi-fi'), with participant observation of 60 participants and 20 interviews;
- for young people, of school age, about their experiences of using and disconnecting from digital media in relation to their social background, with 20 interviews.
The aim is to produce transnational comparative qualitative research, which is rarely done in the field due to cultural differences and the difficulties of coordinating and analysing results from different contexts and languages.
This partnership aims to empower Portuguese academics, as Norway is leading in the specific field of 'disconnection studies' with a comprehensive research project.
The expected outcomes are:
- two international journal articles, open access
- a three-day joint workshop in Norway;
- a one-day training action in comparative research for PhD students and early career researchers;
- a final report;
- a half-day final seminar and a half-day meeting with stakeholders.