2nd Call #3 - Resource Efficiency of Enterprises in Marine Sector Supported
This Open Call aims to finance enterprises to apply innovative products and technologies which are already available in the market, or to develop new ones, that use marine litter as raw material.
The call remains open until to 12:00:00 Portugal Continental 31-05-2021
The main objective of this call is to finance enterprises to apply innovative products and technologies which are already available in the market, or to develop new ones. The expected outcome addresses the issue of greater resource efficiency through a circular economy approach, supporting businesses using marine litter as raw material or creating conditions to collect litter to be used as a secondary raw material elsewhere.
Eligible promoters: SMEs and large enterprises with no more than 25% public ownership, established as legal persons in Portugal are considered eligible applicants of projects.
Natural persons are not eligible.
Each promoter may submit one application only and may participate in up to 2 more as a partner.
Eligible partners: Any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, as well as non-governmental organisations established as a legal person either in the Donor States or Portugal, actively involved in, and effectively contributing to, the implementation of a project, are considered eligible project partners (in accordance with article 7.2.2 of the EEA Grants 2014-2021 Regulation).
Available Fund: 1.500.000€
Maximum Grant Amount for each project: 750.000€
Minimum Grant Amount for each project: 200.000€
Grant Rates: The funding rate will not exceed 70% of total eligible project costs.
TYPES OF PROJECTS:
The scope of projects eligible for funding under this Call are the following:
- Develop and apply innovative technologies, processes and solutions to green the business operations in marine sector through circular economy, e.g. increased material efficiency, increased by-products use, increased incorporation of waste;
- Develop and apply innovative technologies, processes and solutions that reduce material and resource inputs and/or minimize the generation of waste, in marine sector, that may end in the ocean;
- Develop and apply innovative processes and solutions for the collection of marine litter;
- Develop and apply innovative technologies, processes and solutions for the recycling and re-use of processed or unprocessed marine litter;
- Develop carbon sequestration-based, climate mitigation and/or ecosystem recovery businesses throughout algae reforestation and other nature-based solutions, including seagrass production for coastal management and shore stabilization.
The Blue Growth Programme also has a bilateral objective, to enhance cooperation between Portuguese entities and entities from the Donor States (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
Submit your Application