Call#2 - Business Development, Innovation and SMEs
This Open Call aims to finance enterprises to develop, apply and commercialize innovative products and technologies, especially SMEs
The call remains open until to 12:00:00 Portugal Continental 30-06-2021
The main objective of this call is to finance enterprises to develop, apply, and commercialize innovative products and technologies. This call will also promote cooperation between enterprises and research institutions, in order to foster user-driven research-based innovation (TRL 4 - 9 in accordance with Horizon 2020 guidelines).
Eligible promoters: SMEs and large enterprises with no more than 25% public ownership, established as legal persons in Portugal are considered eligible applicants of projects.
Natural persons are not eligible.
Each promoter may submit one application only, and may participate in up to 2 more as a partner.
Eligible partners: Any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, as well as non-governmental organisations established as a legal person either in the Donor States or Portugal , actively involved in, and effectively contributing to, the implementation of a project, are considered eligible project partners (in accordance with article 7.2.2 of the EEA Grants 2014-2021 Regulation).
Available Fund: 12.840.134€
Maximum Grant Amount for each project: 1.000.000€
Minimum Grant Amount for each project: 200.000€
Grant Rates: The funding rate will not exceed 70% of total eligible project costs.
TYPES OF PROJECTS:
The scope of projects eligible for funding under this Call are the following:
- Develop innovative products/ technologies/ processes for the Blue Growth sector;
- Commercialize innovative products/ technologies/ processes for the Blue Growth sector;
- Apply innovative blue technologies/ processes/ solutions (new-to-the enterprise) including investments to increase production capacity (excluding fisheries);
- Business development from early innovation stage up to testing of new technologies and supporting their first presentation to the market (piloting and demonstration facilities)
- Fisheries/aquaculture (development of innovative products and technologies in fisheries/ fish farming sector)
- Fish and seafood transformation industry
- Commercial ports
- Ocean renewable energy sector
- Maritime industry, including innovative maritime transport technologies
- Maritime digitalization
- Offshore and/or nearshore infrastructures
- Robotics related to marine and maritime technologies
- Technologies for deep sea resources and mapping
- Shipbuilding and shipping (development of innovative products and technologies)
- Blue biotechnology
- Nautical tourism
- Environmental monitoring and surveillance activities
- Carbon-sequestration-based businesses throughout algae reforestation
The Blue Growth Programme also has a bilateral objective, to enhance cooperation between Portuguese entities and entities from the Donor States (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
Submit your Application