Promoter: Universidade de CoimbraPartners:
Associação Portuguesa de Educação Ambiental
EEA Grants: 21.250,00€
Total Amount: 25.000,00€Programme:
The BlueWave project aims to promote Ocean literacy in a school context through educational sessions in Portuguese secondary schools integrated in the Escola Azul network and teacher training sessions. It aims to promote sensitization, education and active participation of the younger generations regarding Ocean literacy competencies and behavioral changes towards better ocean exploration practices. Upon participation in each activity, each student will receive a BlueWave passport stamp.
Project activities include:
- Production of teaching materials including an activity book for teachers to develop in a school context and focusing on the theme of Ocean literacy.
- Organization of teacher training courses in Ocean literacy.
- Promotion of interactive learning to be performed between classes through quizzes, contests and a quiz app that focuses on the main aspects of Ocean literacy.
- Organization of beach cleaning campaigns.
- Promotion of a blue entrepreneurship ideas contest.
- Organization of a final event to disseminate results and share experiences.