Small Grants Scheme #1 – Projects to prevent and raise awareness to reduce marine litter
The projects selected under this Call will contribute to increase the application of circular economy principles through the reduction of contribution from land-based sources of marine plastic littering.
This Call aims to finance projects that focus on the priority areas for the reduction of plastics in the oceans and the promotion of awareness of the challenges related to plastics in the oceans and the proposal of solutions.
Public or private, commercial or non-commercial entities and non-governmental organisations legally established in Portugal are considered eligible.
Project partner shall be any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, along with NGOs that have been legally established as a legal person in the donor states, in the beneficiary countries, as long as it has a border in common with the beneficiary state, or any international organization that is actively involved in implementing the proposed project.
The eligible costs of the selected projects will be funded up to a maximum rate of 80%, except in cases where the project promoters are non-governmental organisations (NGO), or social partners, where the funding of the eligible costs will be 90%.
Minimum Grant Amount for each project
Maximum Grant Amount for each project
Duration of Projects
Projects should include the bathing season in order to maximise their impact within 18 months. Final date of eligibility is 30 April 2024.
Innovative and structuring projects will be financed in the areas of Environment, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy, with the objective of promoting good environmental status of ecosystems and reducing the adverse effects of pollution and other human activities.
Know more about EEA Grants.
Submit your Application
- Applicants Guide For Financing Of Projects Supported By Environment Programme
- Applicants Handbook
- Communication and Design Manual EEA Grants 2014 - 2021
- Partnership Agreement Minute
You may consult here the approved projects list.
- Environment Programme Final Report SGS#1
- State Aid Compliance Rules SGS#1 Projetos Redução De Lixo Marinho EN
- Environment Programme SGS#1.pdf
- Formulário de Candidatura EEA Grants.docx
- Cronograma de Atividades_Roadmap.xls
- Indicadores Projeto_Indicators.xls
- Declaration Of Liability Template
- Request for advance payments template_Environment Programme.pdf
- ANEXO 16 Declaração Conformidade ROC (1)
- ANEXO 17 Lista De Documentos Da Despesa (1)
- ANEXO 20 Dossier Projeto Template (1)
- Contract Minute