The Secretary General for Environment and Energy Transition as Programme Operator for the Programme Environment, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy (Environment Programme) will accompany, on 25 September, 9 entities (companies, NGO, Universities and Local Authorities) established in Portugal for bilateral cooperation with the Donor Countries in a matchmaking event dedicated to the circular economy, ‘Breaking the Barriers in a Circular Economy’.
- Reducing material and resource inputs;
- Maintaining the value of products, materials and resources for as long as possible;
- Minimising the generation of waste;
- Replacing non-renewable resources with biomass;
- protecting oceans and land from waste and litter by remediating existing concentrates, mitigating new pollution and developing biodegradable bio plastics.
There were 3 startups, 2 local authorities, 2 universities and 1 NGO. All entities had more meetings than those scheduled.
The Environment Programme was accompanied by its Donor Programme Partner as well as a representative of the Programme Blue Growth.
The Environment Programme is a financing instrument for the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 with a total allocation of more than 28 million euros, of which, about 4.2 million are national counterpart.