On September 20, the Commission for Equality in Work and Employment (CITE) will hold a session that marks its 44 years of activity and in which it will make the public presentation of the Digital Platform Equal@Work, product of the Equality Platform and Standard project, of which it is the promoter.
The event will be attended by members of the Portuguese Government of the areas of Equality and Labor and will take place in the auditorium of the IEFP, in Xabregas – Lisbon, between 14h00 and 17h30.
The EQUAL@WORK Platform is an IT solution for monitoring the implementation of public policies under the Agenda for Equality in the Labor Market and in Business.
This platform is innovative in Portugal and Europe, in that:
- Provides objective, centralized and up-to-date information on public policy measures for equality between women and men at work, and their implementation;
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data that allow monitoring the results of public policy measures;
- Supports decision-making in public policies.
Started in 2019, the Equality Platform and Standard project, developed in partnership with GEP/MTSSS, IPQ, Norway's Equality and Anti-discrimination Ombud and Iceland's Directorate of Equality, aims to promote gender equality and combat persistent gender disparities in the labour market, including the gender pay gap, through the development and provision of tools to combat gender inequalities in the labour market:
- Design a platform to monitor the implementation of public policies within the framework of the Agenda for Equality in the Labour Market and Business.
- Prepare the Portuguese Standard Equal pay management system for women and men, taking as an example, and in the framework of the exchange of best practices with the Icelandic project partner, the Icelandic Standard ÍST 85: 2012 - Equal wage management system - Requirements and Guidance.
The Commission for Equality in Labour and Employment (CITE) is the promoter of the project Equality Platform and Standard, financed by the Programme Work-Life Balance of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism - EEA Grants 2014-2021 that has as Programme Operator the Commission for Citizenship and Gender Equality (CIG).
Since 20 September 1979, CITE has been the national mechanism for promoting equality and non-discrimination between men and women in work, employment and vocational training.