Call#4 - Implementation of pilot projects of living labs for decarbonisation and climate change mitigation
This Call aims to promote the development of pilot projects of living labs for decarbonisation and climate change mitigation.
Living labs should be user-centred, enhancing user involvement, co-creation and experimentation, while also allowing the evaluation of concepts, services, as well as tracking and monitoring. In living labs – delimited areas with a local identity recognisable by citizens – multiple stakeholders collaborate in the development, prototyping, validation and testing of new technologies, services and their real-world application.
The projects under this call will contribute to increase resilience to climate change through concrete local climate change adaptation and mitigation measures and low carbon technology solutions in cities.
Private, legally established in Portugal.
Mandatory partners: According to Annex II of the Programme Agreement, signed on 27 May 2019, it is mandatory to have a local authority located in municipalities within the national territory with a resident population over 200,000 inhabitants, as partner responsible for the implementation of climate change mitigation plans must be partner entities: Lisboa, Sintra, Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Cascais and Loures.
Each partner entity can apply in several applications.
Other partners: According to Article 7.2.2 of the “Regulation on the implementation of the European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism 2014-2021”, any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, as well as non-governmental organisations established as a legal person either in the Donor States or Portugal are considered eligible project partners.
The eligible costs of the selected projects will be funded up to a maximum rate of 50%.
Minimum Grant Amount for each project
Maximum Grant Amount for each project
Duration of Projects
Until 36 months.
Eligibility for Living lab projects located in municipalities within the national territory with a resident population over 200,000 inhabitants namely, Lisboa, Sintra, Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Cascais and Loures.
Know more about EEA Grants.
Submit your Application
Relevant Documents (Read Carefully)
- Applicants Guide For Financing Of Projects Supported By Environment Programme
- Applicants Handbook
- Communication and Design Manual EEA Grants 2014 - 2021
You may consult here the approved projects list.
- Call#4 Final Report
- Call # 4 Living Labs Parecer AE
- Aviso # 4 Living Labs EN
- Call # 4 Living Labs PT Environment (1)
- Formulário de Candidatura EEA Grants.docx
- Cronograma de Atividades_Roadmap.xls
- Indicadores Projeto_Indicators.xls
- Declaration Of Liability Template
- Partnership Agreement Template Implementation Project Call#4
- Conversion Guidelines
- Expected Outcomes Outputs
- Emission Factors Portugal
- CALL#4 GUIDE FOR FILLING IN PART C OF THE APPLICATION FORM
- Request for advance payments template_Environment Programme.pdf
- ANEXO 16 Declaração Conformidade ROC
- ANEXO 17 Lista De Documentos Da Despesa
- ANEXO 20 Dossier Projeto Template
- Contract Minute